I have been trying to extend my crochet skills and understanding of patterns whilst I am off work recuperating from a hip operation.
This it Tufty who is about 3 inches high and even though the beak looks a little wonky, I am quite pleased with how she turned out.
I learnt a lot about shaping to create the wings and main body shape.
It did start to get a little bit fiddly as I needed to decrease towards the top of the head to then shape the top and beak. I did really enjoy watching his little character take shape and I definitely want to make a much bigger version with more colour.
I found this tutorial on Youtube and then added the wings from another pattern and the tufts because I felt the head lacked a little something.
I am now in the process of learning the shell stitch so I shall post that once I have something to show.
Take care and keep smiling.