Sunday 3 May 2015

Opam - May -Crochet Mandalas

Well April proved to be quite a successful month for OPAM finishes and several cushions involved.  Mainly gifts as they are items that perhaps someone would not make or buy for themselves so much.
Went over to my in-laws for dinner yesterday and to pick up Sophie who had stayed over so that we could go to the retirement do and I took along the cushion that I made shown two posts back.

I decided to take to my MIL my crochet hooks and some wool with me as I have been asked about a beginners crochet class and I am thinking about it but I have only had two people so far interested in the beginners sewing class so we shall see if I go as far as organising another or not.  I suppose it is early days and there is a month to go yet.  Just a bit anxoius I suppose as I would so love to do more workshops and classes.
So I picked out these lovely yarns which are 50% cotton and 50% acrylic called Kon-Tiki by stylecraft, and is so soft to handle.  Sadly it seems to be dis-continued so I have a few other colours left and then I think that is it.
I originally used it for a blanket that I made several years ago.
I have recently been doing a lot of Granny squares and so I wanted to have another go at crocheting some Mandalas or fancy in the round.
I looked at Attic24 which I love because she uses photographs and you can actually see what it should look like.  I am clearly a visual learner.  
I did find row/round 4 a little tricky but got there in the end and then carried on to finish it.
This design is fun to make and if I make a few more I actually feel that I might be able to come up with some design shapes of my own.
This pictures show two that I made earlier in the year and I really like the edging on these ones.  They are based on a tutorial by K-town.  I use the two smaller ones on my white dresser underneath my Cath Kidston teapot and my ceramic cupcake. So they are in use.  
Blanket is growing although this is a picture from Easter as my camera has just gone flat...typical.
Really enjoying this and even introduced crochet to my Year 10 group last week.  Some want to do some more as well!
Take care and enjoy the rest of the bank holiday!
xx
PS if you are on Facebook I have taken the plunge and signed up.  You can find me here
Indigo Blue Designs - textiles
I have a personal page too wich should link.

 It would be great to hear from you over there.  I have some privacy settings due to my day job but just request friend and I shall do the rest.  My flower logo is there as well.
Even got my Mum in Law signed up yesterday as well!!

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow you are amazing I am trying to teach myself as well,xx

cristina said...

their mandalas are very beautiful! and I would like to see finished soon your beautiful blanket! have a nice day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...