Monday 11 May 2015

Italian Landscape in Stitch

I have been looking at some of my City and Guilds work over the past few weeks since joining Facebook as I am now a member of a Art textiles Group.
The above picture was a final outcome from a series of samples and tasks that we were asked to do as part of that course.  This sample was inspired by some pictures and photographs that I had taken during a couple of trips to Italy.  The background is painted scrim and the layout of the design is supposed to be abstract.
Here you can see links to the terracotta tiles, trees, the colours of the landscape and textures that are very different to that which i see in the UK.
Using an Instagram app I have made a collage of close-ups to show you the stitch detail and the fabrics used.
It has then been stretched our a piece of mount board and now I should really find a frame or something to display it.
I have yet to add this to the Facebook group but that is next.
I wonder what else I shall find.
Have a good week.
xx

1 comment:

Indigo Blue said...

Such a positive response to this on Facebook. Thank you to those who have liked this peice of work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...