Thursday 19 March 2015

Handmade Costumes - Wizard of Oz

At the end of the school year we are putting on a production of the Wizard of Oz and I am in charge of making the costumes by hand.  We are hiring and buying a few bits here and there and I shall feature here some of the items that are made.
First up, and this is not my idea, is a multi-coloured green scarf for the Wizard.
I have decided to keep it simple as we are after a bit of a Dr Who look here by knitting  stocking stitch blocks of colour in shades of green to link with the Emerald City etc.

I have cast on 35 stitches on size 6 needles and double knot wool, and I shall just keep going.  Not sure if I have enough wool and I have put out an email at work for any unwanted wool but green is a bit of an odd colour to have left overs I supppose.  I did not have any and had to buy some to get going then one of our trainees came up trumps and brought a little bit in to help out.
I shall post a finished picture of the whole outfit when it is done.
Really fun way to spend the evening, quite relaxing and I even found a few minutes to knit a bit at work.  Well it is for the production!
xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...