Wednesday 24 September 2014

Pocket Lockets - Opam

I have used the book above a lot over the past few years with my Textiles Club.  I have chosen projects out of and so have the students. The project shown here is my latest from this book and we made them a couple of years ago so I have I decided that it was time for another go.
So whilst waiting for my commission to go ahead I made the above and it is called a Pocket Locket using felt and ribbon.
The instructions are really clear and there are quite a few examples to get the ideas flowing.
There are templates at the back of the book and it does not take up very much felt at all.  The colour combinations are endless and the odd unwanted button could also be added to include another skill.
So this is my example to show my group and I intend on the students making a couple of these, one for their locker key and one as a present.
There are so many ideas in this book.  This is where the idea for Hoot and Toot came from.  It is available on Amazon and well worth a look if you have a young crafter in your house.
Take care
xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...