Friday 26 September 2014

Blackberry Crumble Cake

Well actually it should be Gooseberry Crumble Cake but after seeing the cake over at Gina's at Fan My Flame I decided that a swap of fruit was ok and it turned out great and taste's even better!!
This is a Nigel Slater recipe and referred a lot to a food processor but I do not have one of those so I just got my hand whisk out and kept my fingers crossed.  
The juice of the blackberries, which Sophie and I picked during the summer holidays, made the sponge go a lovely purple and did not make the cake soggy.  
You basically make a sponge mixture, put the blackberries on top then add the crumble topping and bake in the oven.  The sponge goes up and the crumble keeps it all under control.  I smells great and I have had to really restrain myself not to eat it all!
As you can see we have been sampling it in our lunch packs this week.
I may have found another recipe for apples which may well go on to Baking To Do list in the coming weeks.
I am pretty much up to date with work for the day job so tonight I am going to colour plan my Granny square blanket and tomorrow we are off the the Creative Stitches Exhibition in Exeter.
Have a lovely weekend.
xx
Have a good weekend.

5 comments:

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

It looks lovely, I've made something similar in the past but with the goosegogs! Have fun tomorrow.

Mail Art Dramas said...

Now that our weather is turning cool I just my do some baking. Boy does you cake look good!

Lynne said...

Oooh that looks delicious! I do love Nigel Slater and have -I think- all his books. I should get round to doing more baking but I seem to have run out of time these days. Lx

Ali said...

Your cake looks delicious. I love anything with blackberries. Hope you have a lovely time at the creative stitches show.
Ali xx

GĂ©raldine B. said...

It looks delicious ! Have a nice sunday !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...