Tuesday 22 April 2014

Scissor Keeper - OPAM April

Over the Easter Break I did manage to complete a little kit that I was given one Christmas.  Lucky I got my new specs as clear tiny beads on white thread is not a good combination to see in the evening!

A cute little scissor keeper with a straightforward pattern to follow on a chart using what I would call fine Crochet coton.  It made up quite quickly and after the first row there was no need for the chart any more.
I decided to use all of the beads and stitched them to the cross sections of the pattern using clear thread.
I then over sewed the edges and putting some stuffing.  The final task was to create some hand made cord to attach the keeper to the scissors.  I used the full width of the canvas given so it turned out a bit bigger than the chart, I just repeated the pattern more.
This is now sat in my little sewing box that I shall be taking to my A level practical exam this coming weekend. 
More on that later this week as I have my last official evening class session tomorrow.
x

1 comment:

Ali said...

This is really pretty. It's a great idea for letting you know where your scissors are. Good luck with the practical exam.
Ali xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...