Monday 29 April 2013

I need to get back in to my creative stride........

Despite having spent the last 9 months frantically drawing, painting, stitching, creating and basically drowning in a pile of fabric I feel that I have run out of creative steam!

I actually do not have anything to blog about which I am finding a bit unnerving after having this blog since 2007.  I only have one submission for OPAM this month and I am now in a position where I can now make anything I want and I am at a loss!!!

So my bloggy (is that a word?) friends do you have nay ideas of what I could have a go at which will help me to get my sewing mojo back as I seem to be a bit lost at sea.  Having had such a strong focus for so many months I feel like I have had my teddy bear taken away.
I am keeping calm but the Sew On bit is not.
I have really loved to course I followed and I have learnt a lot and once I get all of the work back  shall go through it with you all.  Might be of interest if you are considering a textiles course of some kind.

Well of to take a look at my fabric and books.................and find some inspiration..
xx


3 comments:

Tatkis said...

Wow, I know this feeling, when you can start anything and just can't decided what to make first!
Try a bag or coin purse or some toy - something not complicated with quick result :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Lynne said...

I am so in tune with you on this subject, and I note one or two other bloggers are felling the same way. My blog hasn't seen much textile stuff going on for ages, I'm afraid, I get caught up with other stuff. My solution is to force myself to go into my sewing room and gaze round at the inspirational 'stuff' I have hanging about, get the books out, fondle some fabric, get out my scrapbooks of 'inspirational stitchers' and see if anything sparks me off. I've been asked to do workshops again(I stopped ages ago and thought I'd never be induced to do any more) but though I have ideas, I just can't get down to writing my handouts, getting the samples ready etc etc etc. I don't know, hope you get your 'mojo' back, and me too!

Laurie said...

It's awful when that lack of inspiration strikes -- I've been there. Maybe it's time to just play. Sort fabrics. Purge. Sit down in front of the sewing machine and experiment. Spend some time on Pinterest looking at ideas. Or take a class...that's what I would do. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...