Saturday 15 September 2012

Quilted Pink Heart

A friend of mine has been making these quilted fabric hearts at our sewing group nights for some time and thought that I would give it a try.
I decided to use free machine embroidery to create the quilting ans some nice pink cotton fabric with  white polka dots.
The heart is stuffed with toy stuffing and I added a little lavender given to me by my Mum's neighbour when we popped back to see her.  I have spent nearly a month drying it out.
I added ribbon to tie the two ends together and to use it to  hang up the heart. I think that next time I will use wider ribbon so that it shows up more and has more shape to add to the overall appearance of the heart.
This was quick and fun to make and I can see more variations of these being made over the coming months.
xx
Many thanks to those of you who left comments with suggestions as to what I could do about my laptop problems.  I have not been able to solve them but \i m up and running on my back up laptop which I have not used much since my last session of exam marking.  I shall sort out the other laptop in due course. 
 


5 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love it...

Tatkis said...

Lovely pink heart!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Mail Art Dramas said...

"sweet heart". nice project. good luck with your laptop. I am a
tech-NOT so all I can do is wish you luck.

Lynn said...

Love it! Beautiful work!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

very unique, loving it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...