Thursday 16 August 2012

Destination - Relaxation

Seaford, Sussex
We came at Easter for a much needed rest.  Much of this year has been quite stressful and sad both personally and job wise.  It is that time again when the Summer Holidays means that we swap the Cornish coastline for that of Seaford and surrounding countryside.
Seaford Beach, Sussex
We may have swapped like for like but my husbands phone has not rung for 7 days!! A changer of scenery, people and weather is as good as a rest.  The weather here has been brilliant with only enough rain to keep the garden happy.  Lovely walks along the sea front after dinner, sunset pictures that I seem to only capture here and just plain getting away from it in the true sense.
Been here since Sunday and had a great time.
Monday we spent all afternoon looking in antique/junk/thrift shops. We are going back quickly tomorrow as we may have found the ideal gift.
Tuesday we visited Sissinghurst Castle which is now run by the National Trust and it was brilliant.
I need to do a separate post for this, there is much to tell.
Today due to a rain day we decided to go to the Cinema and watch "Brave" which Sophie loved!
Google images
Sophie loved every minute of it and still loves a soppy ending.  That's my girl!!
We the tried to book a bowling lane but all full so we went home to find that my sister in law was back from a few days away.  Sophie helped to make a chicken, cream and bacon sauce to go over Tolfie pasta and boy did this fill us up!!
Another long walk on the Sea front sorted us out them a glass or two of wine plus a lovely chat finished off another great day.
How was your day?
xx

4 comments:

Mail Art Dramas said...

I want your day! mine involved ridding my 4 pets and home of fleas....major outbreak!
wishing really really hard I was on a beach somewhere. We saw Brave and liked it too.

Pomona said...

I am glad that you have a good holiday - it is great to get away for a bit!

Pomona x

Carol said...

Glad you had a lovely holiday and found some good weather too.
Carol xx

Anonymous said...

It looks rather lovely there, I don't think I have ever been to the Sussex coast.

I am intrigued to know what Tolfie pasta is? Never heard of that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...