Saturday 10 March 2012

A Special little Gift............

Sophie disappeared upstairs for ages the other afternoon.  All was quiet and I called up to make sure all was ok.
"Yes Mummy"
More time passed and then she came downstairs with the above bracelet and asked to have a knot put in the elastic.  Not a problem and the knot was duly added.
Sophie then told me that she had been upstairs making this bracelet for me.  She thought that the colours would go with most of my clothes and that the little silver bells added a bit of zing.  Zing..... now I need lots of that by the time I get to Friday!!!
There was not a reason for making this. It was one of those "just because" gifts that are special.  
I did suggest that she could have kept this for Mother's Day but she said that she could not wait that long to give it to me.
Yep......a slushy mummy moment.

I do have several lovely cards that Sophie made when she was at nursery, I just can not bear to throw them away as they are a part of her childhood and she likes to look at them now and try to understand that she was only three when she made some of them.
My hubby has had more handmade key rings from Sophie than he can really use but they all have some keys stored on them, even if they never actually leave the house.

The above gift will be put on as soon as I get home from work at the start of the Easter holidays.

What gift have you been given that has sentimental value such as the bracelet above?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that brought a small tear of joy to my eye. I do miss my small daughter, she is all grown up now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...