Friday 11 November 2011

Inspired Splash of Colour

Following on from the other posts this week is a little look in my sketchbook.  Using basic felt tip pens and a cartridge sketchbook I used Romero Britto as my starting point and created this brightly coloured doodle.
Thick black lines enhance the colours which you can make up as you go along!
The colour and shapes evolve as you go along and basically anything goes.  I did start in pencil and then colour it in, but as the drawing above went on I swapped straight to black pen and then added the colour. 
The result is an explosion of colour, time well spent and a feeling of calm and satisfaction.
I created this in my sketchbook during half term when I actually had the time to sit and produce something for me, by me, some me time. 
I am really pleased with this outcome and I think that in the future I shall be using this style again, maybe paints, but at the moment the good old felt tip pen is my new best friend.
xx

3 comments:

Jo said...

your doodles are great! very bright and colourful, I'm rubbish a drawing.

Josie x

Tatkis said...

Wow, that looks great!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Anonymous said...

I've still got nowhere with Zentangle, I really need to free up my mind and my hand somehow. Your colours are marvellous, well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...