Wednesday 20 April 2011

Hello little butterfly......

On Monday Sophie and I spent most of the day outside enjoying the lovely warm weather. Makes marking much more enjoyable too. All of a sudden Sophie said "Look Mummy!"

The tiniest little blue butterfly had landed on the grass and then quite happily walked onto Sophie's fingers. It has stripy legs and little dots on its wings. I have not seen this little butterfly before and it was in no hurry to leave.
When I was at primary school we did a lot on butterflies and I did use to know lots of their names etc. I had a good book too, which I could not find quickly enough.
Grandad has been given the task of finding out what it is as we are away at the moment and I am typing this from a Little Chief in Ely Cambridgeshire.
It is excellent weather and I shall try and blog whilst I am here. We hope to get a WIFI signal in the car park!

Can anyone suggest what this little butterfly might be, we are in Cornwall, UK.
xx

3 comments:

Julie said...

I envy you being in Cornwall :-)) I'm no expert but the butterfly may be a Holly Blue. They are quite small and look like the one you have shown. The blue butterfly family are really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Like Julie, my first thought was that it might be a Holly Blue.

Louise said...

Yes, I think it's a Holly Blue too. I get these in my West Sussex garden. How lovely for it to sit quite happily on Sophie's hand. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...