Wednesday 5 January 2011

Sketchbook Chosen

After some thought I have decided to use the white spiral bound sketchbook for the challenge. What really swung it was a comment from Daisie who suggested that I leave the cover blank until I have finished or the end of the challenge arrives first, and then decorate the cover with images from the contents!!!

Brilliant idea, the more I think about it the more I like it. Bloggers are good at this sort of problem solving.

I have started my Highly Prized page and hope to finish it at the weekend.
If you like sketchbooks you might like to take a look at Alisa Burke's site, lovely use of colour. Just take a look at the Egyptian Exhibition drawings that she did.
Amazing.

I went to my sewing group today and I have some items to show you tomorrow. Today has been back to work day and a bit hectic. I have also started some crochet bits and bobs too. I have taken some pictures with my new camera, just got to figure out how to download them without losing any!
Back tomorrow, I need my beauty sleep.
xx

3 comments:

Kitty said...

What sort is your new camera (sorry, sad camera geek moment!)? I think that's a great idea to do the cover of your sketchbook at the end. Good luck with it. x

Mail Art Dramas said...

I didn't think about the cover...but now I will. I'm going to use a Mix Media sketch book. Really heavy weight paper..ready for any media. I hope to work on it this weekend. So far have no ideas. can't wait to see your first page.
jill

Fenland Textile Studio said...

Hi. I have chosen an A4 sketchbook. I have done my first pages and I have lots of ideas. I will try and post them over this weekend. Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...