Sunday 9 January 2011

Sketchbook Challenge 1 - Highly Prized

Well, here it is. My first installment for the Sketchbook Challenge theme for January which is "Highly Prized"
I decided to use digital photography for this one, partly because I could not really draw all that I wanted to include. I also wanted to create a double page spread.

I took pictures of a range of people, places, themes etc which I prize. Then I wrote a series of words around the border to link to the pictures. My hubby's solution to avoiding yet another soaked wash due to rain was hilarious, but it worked!!

Finally, I used blue watercolour over any white patches on the border to blend them in a little so that they do not look so stark. The above page features some things I have made plus my daughter making a hat and some primary students work.

I am quite pleased with my first effort and the fact that I have made the deadline.
Now to get the pictures onto Flickr.
xx

3 comments:

Fenland Textile Studio said...

Love your pages. I must show mine before the deadline!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

What a lovely array of photos! I love the range of patterns on this page. It makes me think that would be a fun sketch to do. A whole bunch of patterns!

Lynn said...

Great job! The sketchbook is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...