Tuesday 12 October 2010

Tuesday Treasures

Tuesday's have a habit of sneaking up on me and so here I am again and it is 11.30pm and only just posting it. Sorry, but the old day job does get in the way so much. Anyway on to more interesting things other than my forgetfulness.


Above is my first big attempt at hand needle felting! I sat down on a Friday evening with a book and a few tools and kept going until my eyes nearly gave out. It was one of the best evenings that I have spent. Hubby was out and Sophie was in bed so what else could I do but discover a new addiction!

In fact I like this so much it features in my side bar. Since then I have explored this idea further by making miniature pictures and I am now developing some card embellishment ideas too.

Recently at school I purchased a Janome Embellisher and during half term I intend to play and learn about all it will do. Then the GCSE exam groups can have a go and see how that can use it in their work.

Quite a recent and inexpensive treasure, but a treasure because it was a "First" for me.

Have a good week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations isn't it fun trying something new ! Thanks for showing us and playing along .

Twiggy said...

I love trying new stuff, it really is gorgeous, well done
twiggy x

wonderwoman said...

it is so lovely - a friend of mine has an embellisher and does amazing things with it!

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...