Tuesday 21 September 2010

Tuesday's treasures


I thought this week I would show you one of my powder compacts from my collection. It is not really the nicest as such but it is unusual, which is one of the criteria that I have when adding a new compact. There is a painted picture on the front and the sides and back seem to be made of Mother of pearl.
There are two little catches at the front which when pressed opens up the lid. There is no makers name inside which is unusual and suggests that it is reasonably old. The red section it where lipstick or rouge is likely to have been, it is not all gone.

There is a little handle on top of the powder lid which enables you to lift it up. Also empty, but this is good as it makes it easier to clean and look after.

It is quite small and fits in the palm of my hand easily.

As I said not the most outstanding, but I do not have very many with a painting/ picture like this on the front. Next week I shall show you my absolute favourite one!

xx

4 comments:

MelMel said...

Gosh that is pretty!xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is just so pretty....

Gone to Earth said...

That looks quite precious and pretty

Unknown said...

I think it's lovely ! Thanks for showing us and playing along .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...