Sunday 18 April 2010

Inspired by India

I bought these fabric packs last summer and whilst looking for something else I stumbled on them again.

Much of it are off-cuts from sari's which seems a dreadful shame that they may have been cut up so I like to think they are left overs from making the sari's.

The colours are very rich with plenty of detailing and sequins.

I am not entirely sure what to do with them yet. Any ideas?

Some kind of crazey patchwork might be needed as some of the pieces are odd shapes.

I have a couple of other projects to finish, some items to list in my shops and another quilting bee block to start. However, these lovely pieces of fabric will be in my thoughts over the next few weeks.

I hope that those of you who have had little ones at home for the past 2 weeks have had a good time. we have been very lucky with the weather here in Cornwall and I really do hope it lasts a little longer.

xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I was just shopping for an evening purse and all the pretty ones had beads and sequins on them, I'd make an evening clutch purse from those lovely pieces.
I enjoy your blog.
Sue

wonderwoman said...

what lovely fabrics - i think i'd make a crazy patchwork cushion.

xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! Great photos and AWESOME combination of the colors, really i love this look! And the lovely combination of gold and red fabrics!

Thanks!!!

Women's perfume fragrance

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...