Saturday 27 March 2010

Sunny Saturday.....

The sun is out today and my daffodils are in various stages of blooming. It has been a very long week at work which ended in me having a bad head cold which has also resulted in me losing my voice. It has not gotten any better today either. I have been advised not to do any work this weekend but not marking any work will not go down too well on Monday will it? So that is not likely to happen. I need to pack and send off my spring swap which is 5 days late getting in the post due to feel so bad in the evenings this week. It is ready so that is my quest today. I have also been busy with my Folksy shop which is always nice and gave me a much needed boost this week. iI you want any Easter items then purchase by Sunday evening then they can go in the post and still get to you by Easter Sunday. UK residents that is. I completed a special order for one customer and hopefully she should have got them today or Monday at the latest. I hope that they go down well. I also have my ATC's to finally finish and send off to my little group. I am not sure how this will work out or if it will be very successful or not. If it falls a bit flat then I shall organise my own ATC swap with a fun theme instead.
I have been doing fairly well with the Opam Challenge this month although it has all come to a bit of a stand still over the past two weeks. I need to take some photos this weekend to show you all the items.
My handmade cards have really taken off at work which has been a pleasure to do and snatching the odd bit of time here and there has helped to keep me sane this month too. Etsy is proving to be a bit of a disappointment and the exchange rate is not helping so I am thinking of gradually emptying it and opening a blog shop instead and adding Paypal buttons. The amount of money going out in listing and renewing is not coming back in at all. Plenty of hits, hearts etc but not much else. I shall see how it goes over the next few weeks. I have another mini craft fayre at the beginning of May to sort out and I am going to change the stock that I take this time having completed the last one. I am going to have a bargain box to try and de-stash some things too.

My little knitting club has now got two new members, one being a young lad, and the red hat above has been completed by one of the Year 7 girls. If you remember I made a cream lacey cloche hat, well she took a copy of the pattern home and started it. Then finished it at the club session on Tuesday. It really needed chunky wool but she used what she had and is very pleased with it. We now need to think of some summery knitting projects. Any ideas anyone?

xx

3 comments:

Twiggy said...

Morning.
If you take a look at my blog, there is a pic of Twiglets Easter bonnet on my last post
twiggy x

wonderwoman said...

my word you have been busy - i hope you are feeling better very soon,

x

Molly said...

I don't see how you get so much done. But I must admit you do great work. Take care my friend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...