Monday 9 November 2009

My Little Sophie is 7 today!!!!!!!!!!

pic from google images
I can not believe that my little Sophie has just turned 7 today. She has just had three friends round for dinner and games and is now fast asleep. Tired, but happy. 7 years old, but I glimpsed today the fast growing young lady that she is becoming. My Mum warned me that she would grow up quickly and that I would wonder where the time had gone and she is right.
It is hard to believe that 7 years ago hubby had quickly popped to see his radio controlled car club to make sure all was ok then come home, I was settling down to an episode of "Friends". Then all of the sudden it was a dash to the bathroom (for some reason I remembered to take my mobile phone ??!!) and from there I rang hubby to find out where he was. Thankfully nearly home again. From the bathroom I rang the hospital who once they looked up my records ordered me in straight away.
There followed a steady drive to Treliske Hospital, strapped to a monitor, drips etc then a wonderful TENS machine from Boots, then brilliant Gas and Air, 15hours of labour, the words "distessed" and "C-section mentioned. I left the epidural until the very last minute because I decided that I did not have to be a heroine that day. The rest they say is.....
During the nine months leading up to this I did keep quite a detailed photo/scrapbook with scan pics, (I had quite a few of these due to complications which could have resulted in me, Sophie or both of us not making it) cards, pics of gifts etc and Sophie loves looking through this book and each time she asks new questions. She is fascinated by the pictures of herself as a newborn and the change she sees in herself as she gets older. I would say that it is one of my favourite books of all time, along with the wedding album of course!!
So another birthday has passed, it only seems like yesterday that she started school and she is now in Year 2 already. I would like to slow the clock down a bit but you can't, so I think that making the most of the time while Sophie is still "my little Sophie" is the key.
Sorry no pics due to dashing back from work etc but there may be some follow up pics as she got one or two making toys.
I think it is now time for my beauty sleep too.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE
xx

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy happy Birthday Sophie ! It is my daughters 12th birthday on Friday , where did all those years go ....

Pomona said...

Happy birthday to Sophie - and yes, the time with our little ones does fly, far too fast!

Pomona x

Gina said...

Happy birthday Sophie!

Twiggy said...

Have a lovely birthday Sophie
Twiggy x

wonderwoman said...

a very happy birthday Sophie!!

xxx

Chocolate Cat said...

Happy Birthday Sophie! My kids love getting the old photos out, always brings lots of laughs!

picciolo said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sophie! Another little girl getting bigger by the day, Holly and I both hope you had a wonderful birthday
xxx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Happy Birthday Sophie - 7 is such a great age to be!!

JuliaB said...

Happy Birthday to Sophie! The time does go soooo very fast!! xx

Jennie said...

Happy happy belated birthday wishes Sophie, I hope you had a fantastic day xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...