Saturday 3 October 2009

Seed Swap parcel.. to my partner...



I signed up for a Seed Swap organised by MarmaldeKiss which I thought was very original. We needed to send two sets of seeds from our own garden or the hedgerow with instructions. Plus a recipe for preserving summer.


My swap partner was Pamona and I sent some home grown sunflower seeds and some Granny's Bonnet seeds whose plants simply appeared in my garden one year! I then went to Creative Stitches in Exeter last Sunday and bought a few seed/ garden themed items to go in the parcel too.

A fat quarter with tomatoes on it which also links to the vegetables that she grows.

I simply could not resist this Advent calendar panel so I bought one for myself too.

I liked the fact that it featured a Christmas Tree, the pocket sections were attached to the bottom section of the panel.

These pictures are lovely and I am certainly feeling a little Christmasy which is just as well with about 80 days to go!

Plus I could not resist these garden themed buttons!

I also purchased some items to make plenty of Christmas Cards which go quite well at work, mainly for spouses when you want to give something a bit more special. I have been adding to the Christmas block swap that I took part in as the final parcel has arrived. The fabrics used in America are very different to UK Christmas fabric, that was interesting to see. Once they have been ironed I shall post them and then I will need to think about what to do with them next!

My seed swap parcel has arrived and I shall post it next time.

Take care

x

2 comments:

wonderwoman said...

what a great idea for a swap! that christmas panel is one of the nicest i've seen.

x

Pomona said...

I agree - I was so over the moon to receive it (and so was my daughter)! It was the loveliest swap parcel - I am so grateful! xx

Pomona x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...