Wednesday 7 October 2009

Christmas Stocking Inspiration2 - Patchwork

See here for swap details.
Here are some more ideas to help with your own swap creation. We are now up to 7 people with another thinking about it. We are based in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Not bad for just 7n of us. I really would like to make it up to at least 10 people so come on, sign up you now you want to really. I really like the above stocking using a white theme. Crazy patchwork has been used here.

Little hexagons have been used to great effect here. You can buy fabric with this style printed on it, by putting some thick sew-in interfacing behind it you could quilt it nicely for extra padding.

Delicate flowers. I would find it hard to put this away after Christmas. I think it would look nice all year round, or am I just being weired?

I love blue (hence the blog name) and crazy patchwork which was the first patchwork method that I learnt. Good way of using up lots of fabric scraps.

Very Autumnal this creation and would look good hanging from a mantel piece wouldn't it?

Very Christmassy fabrics here and I like the bright red cuff at the top of this one.
For all us lovers of pink (my daughters influence!) I thought this was fun too. Could swap the star for an initial. Could put your swap partners initial on the stocking.

I am not suggesting that you make two but I thought that this showed perfectly how stocking templates can be shrunk and still look good. obviously we would like a bigger version made please.
All of these ideas came from google images on the theme of patchwork stockings. Next I shall feature knitting and crochet.
Take care and please would like to make numbers up to 10. Sign up deadline is Friday 9th October 2009.
Swap post date is 14th November to try and beat the Christmas rush.
Take care and thank you for all your comments especially the new visitors as I shall be popping over to your blog for a visit.
xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...