Saturday 1 August 2009

AWQB - Block 9 - Log cabin

Already up to block 9 out of, I think, 23. Again, an unusual colour scheme in that my stash seems to be out of tune with everyone else's. In a way that adds to the thinking process of this swap and it has been good fun. I based it again on a log cabin design so that I could make good use of the few pieces of fabric that I did feel could work with the original starter block. Since making this block I have decided to try some more tricky designs and I found a little book on Ebay which arrived this morning. More on that once I have had a little play with some fabric.

I have really enjoyed seeing the other blocks being created my the other ladies taking part. I want to try some harder blocks and stretch my ideas a little more.

I have some other items to post about in the coming days which will keep me busy if the rain keeps up and I would like to say thank you for the lovely comments about my Peg Bag. It has been useful already.

Now onto other things.

Christmas Swap Planning stage:

I know it is rather early, but once I go back to school my feet will not touch the ground again until December.

As we 'speak' I am making up a sample for this years Indigo Blue Christmas Swap. If you missed out last year you may like to take part this year. It is still in the planning stage so please do not sign up just yet, let me post the sample then you can decide. We were let down by a couple of 'no swap shows' last year so I do want you to think about it before signing up. I managed to step in on one but not the second and to this day I feel guilty about it. If the same blogger wants to take part again then I will make sure that they get a swap partner who will follow through and no disappointments this time.

I am quite excited by this idea and it is one that I used in the past at home but not in blogland , probably nothing new to seasoned bloggers but should interest makers of all abilities. So watch this space or become a follower which is how I can see if blogs have been updated by scanning my follower list in dashboard. It will be another week or so before signing up so plenty of time to think about it.

I shall have a go at making my own button (Kitty kindly did this for me last year), use the same Flickr group page as last year so an archive can be built up, and I thought of having a voting system whereby blog visitors and swappers could vote for an overall design and I will give a prize to the winner. Lots to do!!

Well, best dash and get the sample finished!

x

2 comments:

silverpebble said...

That little block looks as though it is vintage - made from sprigged cotton. It's very lovely. Hmm Christmas swap? I could possibly be tempted later in the year x

wonderwoman said...

your blocks looks great - i must admit having to hunt through my stash to find something suitable for each block!
your swap sounds very interesting - i know what its like to be let down - last swap i did i ended up with nothing!

xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...