Wednesday 3 June 2009

Around the World Quilt Block 3...

I had a bit of a struggle with this one to find any fabric to suit the starter block. So I needed to go and buy some. Then I got a bit fazed by the colour going on here. The starter block had gold thread for the applique image and the second block had a lovely flowery design with gold outline. Now do you think I could find anything goldy? NO! Unless I risked it and bought some Christmas fabric then there was absolutely nothing. Went home and thought even more then I think I came up with an outcome that I hope the final owner will like it.


Hopefully you can see that I decided to use gold machine embroidery thread and a fancy stitch on my machine to go over the seams. It is not too much but it does continue the gold element that the other two blocks have. I hope you can see it in the picture. Since finishing this block the next one turned up so I think I may be a day or two behind. I have already cut out the fabric for this and I intend posting the next one on Monday.

If you want to view the other participants click on the above logo.

Busy week this week so not much else on the making side of things, but I have been knitting more squares for the "Never ending Blanket". I can see a tiny speck if light at the end of the tunnel. I need to iron and block them then I will post progress so far (again, I think I have been making this blanket for about 18 months or so).

Take care

xx

3 comments:

wonderwoman said...

seems like i better get the sewing machine revved up then!!! i think your block looks great - am now slightly panicking about my stash!

xxx

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your block is great. I love color and this has all the colors I love. I'm sure the receipient will like it too.

Anonymous said...

I think the block looks great! And I happen to personally know the recipient, and I can promise you she loves it as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...