Saturday 23 May 2009

A stitch in Time....

Every now and then one of my City and Guilds pieces pop up when I am looking for something else, and here is another. A piece of my past when I lived in a lovely little village.

If I remember rightly, I had to use a set list of stitches with as wide range of threads as I had or could find. I can not remember if there was a theme but I do remember favouring flowers for many of my samples if I could. I do have the original booklet in the attic somewhere.
I clearly remember making this in our living room at our last house whilst hubby was at work and it was a glorious sunny day. "Why not sit outside?" I hear you ask, well it was that sunny I could not see the colours of the threads as my eyes were streaming despite wearing sun glasses! So I sat near the french windows instead. Funny how some details are remembered better than others.

I have to admit that it was not put into a frame until about a month ago that this was actually put into a frame. Shame on me, but I was not sure what to do with it as wall space is limited in this house. However, since the attic conversion I now have another staircase with additional wall space!! Yippee. So at last I have the time to position and hang this piece of work to its full advantage. I was going to take it to my friend's shop but frankly I like it too much so it is going to stay here. I shall show you what I eventually took tomorrow.

It is lovely weather here so I shall bye for now as the BBQ is pretty much ready. Lovely salad and yummy sausages etc.

Take care.

xx

2 comments:

Maggi said...

A lovely piece of work. Glad you have finally found a home for it.

inkberryblue said...

You are so productive! Your embroidery is incredibly detailed and I love the colours, especially that beautiful delphinium blue. Your tea~shop venture sounds exciting too. I'd buy the daisy on pink gingham card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...