Sunday 31 May 2009

A book for a Wedding.....

I really enjoyed making this silk book cover. I listed it on Etsy wondering if I really wanted to part with it or not (Not a good way to try and start a business if you can not bring yourself to sell the items is it?) but today when I saw that Lynn from America had been in Cornwall and her husband to be had proposed to her here made the fact that she had bought this book a happy reason to part with it.
It has been carefully wrapped and packed and will go in the post tomorrow. Lynn needs it for 20th June and the post to America for my creative challenges and other Etsy sales has not let me down so far, so please deliver on time now as well.
Well, hasn't it been a glorious weekend! Hubby and I went to the fashion show Friday evening. It brought back many memories for me studying my fashion degree all those centuries ago. We took advantage of the fact that Sophie was with Grandma and Grandad and went to a lovely little restaurant in Truro called Saffron. we then drove home to an unusually quiet house. Sophie is not a noisy child but we do miss her when she is not there. We had left my car at Grandma's and when we went to pick it up on the way home at about 10.30pm hubby pointed to the window that Sophie sleeps in when she stays there. At the window was a tiny arm frantically waving, so I got out of the car and waved, blew kisses and then drove away. Now how bad did I feel? Bloody awful is the only way I can put it. Sophie wanted to stay over at Grandma's and seeing us collect the car was not part of the plan, but seeing this tiny little figure in the dark waving from the window pulled at the heart strings.
The following morning was equally quiet and I still felt bad, managed to get some work done for the day job then off to Truro to buy a little stash for the Around the World Quilting Bee. Only took 30mins, then it was off to my brother in laws house in Truro for his birthday. Sophie arrived at the same time and said that she had a poorly tummy (please! not two days before school starts) but she perked up once some other children arrived.
We had a lovely BBQ, wine, homemade burgers, cake etc and then left in a taxi at 10.30pm. At this point we told Sophie that we were all going back to grandma's for the night. All on a sleepover she said. Funny how sleepovers are the big thing for her at the moment.
Had a lazy start then a cooked breakfast, a bit more car shuffling and we ended up back at home at about 3pm. I have spent the afternoon marking in the garden while Sophie has been playing and singing. We also decided to eat outside and hubby and I are still sat outside under a gazebo bought last year with radio two on in the kitchen. Very peaceful before the chaos of the week begins.
I an doing a tutorial on how to use a cord maker later in the week.
Take care and I hope you have a good week
xx

4 comments:

Twiggy said...

Sounds like a terrific weekend. I bet your heartstrings twanged when you saw Sophie at the window. Twiglet still hasn't had sleepovers at his grandparets, I'll let him when he's ooohhh about 15 :)
Have a great week.
Twiggy x

Sue said...

Fabulous book cover, don't think I would have parted with it unless it had a fab story like that to go with it too, Happy Crafting Sue xx

wonderwoman said...

Beautiful book cover, and i'm sure it will be much treasured.
x

Kim Dellow said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...