Monday 2 February 2009

New beginnings....

Well after having picked up my lovely little silver laptop wrong and breaking the screen I went to bed. I think that on the whole I was very calm. No crying, screaming, wailing of despair, I just made a cup of tea and went to bed!
Hubby rang up our house insurance and yes I was covered but they would put up our annual premiums by 10%, thanks a lot. So we decided that after work on Friday we would go to Truro, PC World and see what they could do. Yes it could be fixed but would cost more than a new one. So this time I decided to buy a cheaper model with a lower spec as the Philips did more than I actually used. It does not have a built in CD slot so I bought an external one. This one is on my lap and waggles about as I am typing. It is nowhere near as good as my beloved silver laptop, but there is nothing that I can do (well there was by picking it up properly in the first place and not breaking it, I know). PC World transfered everything, including all of my favourites that I have been collecting for months. All of my pictures, etc. Cost me another £30.00. So here it is, well the nearest picture I can find...

As for my lovely little silver laptop? We have borrowed a monitor and plugged it in. The actual laptop, hard drive etc is fine so when we get a slimline TV for the attic we will get one that we can plug the laptop in and use it as a keyboard and Sophie can use it to learn keyboard skills etc. This laptop is not as good by any means and it is still wobbling as I type but I shall have to get use to it, but b****r for just 2 seconds of not thinking! Such is life. My commission is nearly finished and I want to post it by Thursday so that it gets to America by half-term. I have cut up all of my fabric for my next quilt...

This looks a little blurred, sorry. I am making a quilt in shades of blue and white.

I am making another log cabin quilt similar to Sophie's that I made last summer. Hopefully a few unusual log cabin arrangements as I am taking part in the Improv Quilt with Tall Grass Prairie blog in America.
I am also having some white squares where I have some machine embroidery patterns and then applique some hearts in a pattern on some other squares. Some of my fabric came from an Esty shop called the Cobalt Quilter All systems go, but only after I have finished the commission for a lady in America.

Finally, here is a little more madness for you, because the last time we had some snow in Cornwall Sophie has only just turned 3 she could not remember it, so tonight at 7.15pm hubby and Sophie were outside in the snow!! We were then both talked into having a bit of a walk. She reluctantly went to bed a little late and is praying that it will snow over night and that she will be lucky enough to have her school shut too. We shall have to see.

More pictures once I have uploaded some new ones to my new laptop.

Bye for now

xx

4 comments:

inkberryblue said...

I'm so sorry about your laptop. I don't think that I could be as cool, calm and collected if that happened to mine.

Your quilt fabric looks lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing it grow. =]

JuliaB said...

Ah you poor thing, I can hear your disappointment in this post. But at least you can use the silver one still and it will be a little bonus for Sophie.

New quilt looks interesting.

x

Julie said...

Not sure if it's any help but I use my laptop on a laptray, one of those ones with the padded cushion underneath. Not sure how good it is for repetitive strain but it stops it wobbling.

Louise said...

Bad news to have broken your laptop and the new one doesn't appear as good. It is handy you can now get back to business though. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...