Monday 26 January 2009

Cath Kidston Pincushion Kits

Remember this?

Over Christmas I was looking at my pincushions and taking into account the response that I have had about them that I thought that I would trial some kit versions.

The includes all of the fabric, buttons, trim, colour instructions, templates for alternative sizes. Stuffing is separate so as to keep cost down but can be obtained if needed. These are being added gradually to Etsy but my commission is taking my time at the moment. The fabric in the kit is shown in the smaller pictures on Etsy but can be viewed bigger if clicked upon. I am also going to try out other fabric combinations too. My resolution was to try new things and it is nearly the end of January and I have kept to this one so far.

Preview of other combinations:




Making samples is a problem for some of the fabric as I only have enough for the kits, but hopefully it is clear what is what.

Many thanks for the lovely comments about my cardigan I intend giving it an outing this week at work. Year 10 have asked about knitting so I thought I might show them, as long as it does not put them off!!

Take care, bye for now.

xx

6 comments:

Kitty said...

That's a great idea - I think the pictures are lovely and clear. x

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little pincushion and such a great idea to offer it in kit form.

Marie x

MelMel said...

Such a super idea, a perfect gift..

Thank you for popping by, was nice to hear from you....hope your commission goes well!xx

wonderwoman said...

that is a lovely idea and fabrics look gorgeous - making up kits is not as easy or as quick as you think!

x

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

What a splended idea.I'm sure you will do well with this.They really are so pretty.Hugs Marie Antionette

Gone to Earth said...

I like the pincushion kit idea. Nice to give a sewing friend as a gift, as well as have one for yourself. Something lovely to make and then something lovely to have. A nice thoughtful gift!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...