Tuesday 12 August 2008

Etsy Shop, Bag Corsage and Cupcake Swap....

Decided to spend today adding to my Etsy shop by seeing what I had to add. It is the taking of the right photos which is a problem with such awful days. Even 12 noon looks much later in the day.

While I was away I made some crochet flowers which I finished off when I got home and then looked at the bag then back at the flowers, you know how it is those brain cells start banging together, so I added to the bag.

I added two layers of fleece petals in complimentary colours behind the crochet and one pleated pink fleece'leaf' to give it more texture and stand out. It was then stitched on the back with a button on the inside to prevent the weight of the corsage from causing a hole in the lining.

So this has been added as well as the new felt book cover from an earlier post plus other items lined up here on my desk.

CUPCAKE SWAP....

I did take more photos of my Cupcake parcel and I really hope Lise likes the pictures too. She is over at The Chocolate Cat in Australia and clearly spent alot of time on her swap... Just take a close look at this..

A lovely cupcake card, sweet ceramic cupcake buttons and I will have to think carefully about what I am going to do with those! A little red box of English Breakfast Tea which I really like.

Plus lovely pink and blue sillicone baking cups. Now I am getting into this sillicone bake ware particulalry if it means having to use less bun cases, greaseproof paper etc.

But what could be hidden inside this lovely roll which has Crazey Patchwork on the outside? Sophie was really excited at this stage and it took all of ther might not to open it for me. Well it was this...

and this... have you guessed yet?

All hand appliqued and carefully stitched lines....

A roll-up case for a cake slice and small cake forks and knives! How clever is that. Now Sophie and I had a go at some cupcakes today but we are not happy with them and not prepared to show them to blogland but hopefully batch two tomorrow will be worthy of the lovely fork and knife which Lise also added. I am now on the hunt for more to add to this lovely roll. I have several cake eating friends who will absolutely love it if I get this out of my bag for us to use. Will let you now when..
This is a lovely swap and it is also the thought that someone has sat and spent precious time thinking, making and sending a lovely item like this. The silicone cups worked well even if my cakes were not. I can't thank lise enough and I hope that we will keep in touch Via our blogs as well with Generally Gemma who I sent a parcel to.
Well that was quite a long post, off to sew more knitted squares together. I am sure I am making a blanket for an elephant! Oh well, keep knitting and crafting all.
XX

PS Do not forget to click on the poll at the top of the blog, thank you!

5 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

They are lovely photos, so glad you liked the parcel. I bought some silicone cupcake holders too and I am addicted to using them now!!

jo said...

That case is so adorable, I want one!

April said...

So sweet!

April xx

zakkalife said...

It must have been so much fun opening all those little packages. The silverware wrap is just adorable.

Nan said...

What fun! I love the silverware roll up, it's so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...