Wednesday 28 May 2008

What a Week!!

The weather definately can not make up its mind what it is going to do. One day is red hot the next it is bucketing down with rain ALL day!

(Many thanks to the tagged bloggers for replying so quickly, one got caught by two of us offering the same tag questions, opps. It is mazing how these get around so quickly.)

Well, on Monday we were booked in at the Minack Theatre to see The Slipper and the Rose. Well the rain was virtually horizontal due to the extreme wind. For those of you who do not know what the Minack is, it is a Roman threatre set into the cliff face. On a lovely day it looks like this..


I have misplaced the web link for this but it was found on google, opps.
My hubby bought me a proper sailing jacket, he is a boat designer, and I said yes but never thought that I would ever have the chance to wear it in extreme conditions. Well today I DID! It was dreadful poor Sophie was nearly swept off her feet. You could only just about stand upright, the wind was going in straight off the sea at full speed. Seeing as we had driven all the way down there we decided to at least have a quick look at it. That was about allwe could do then back to the car and in that time we were drenched right through!
Sophie looked like a drowned rat and could not complain because I do not think she could believe what was happening poor thing.

We decided to make the best of it by getting a takeaway and watching a DVD. back at home.
We are determind to try again in the future. I felt sorry for my friend who had gone to the trouble of arranging it all, but we all laughed at the state we were in!

Tomorrow we are going to a birthday B-B-Q! Oh great! Should we risk it seeing as we are still drying out? The boating coat will be put in the car, just in case.

Bye for now.
XX
PS Sophie's quilt is finished! Yippee pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Nan said...

Wow, what an adventure!
I am looking forward to seeing Sophie's quilt next time I pop over! HUGS!

jo said...

I can't believe the weather we're having at the moment, got the heating on and its nearly June! You asked which pattern I had used for the dress, its and old Prima magazine pattern I'd saved. There is a nice dress pattern I'm going to try in the new issue of Prima which was delivered yeaterday.
Jo XX
PS. Hurry up with thw quilt pics, can't wait to see how it turned out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...