Sunday 20 April 2008

Sketch Book Sunday 4

My final sketch book peek is from a project that was made for part of my City & Guilds course. I took the theme of flowers and wanted to incorporate machine embroidery. For the background I used a piece of cotton that I had dyed using procion dyes at an evening class. Lovely vibrant colours that I felt matched in with the flower theme. Then as you can see I scribbled and doodled to try and come up withan idea. There was a moodboard that went with this but I can not find it at the moment.

I did think of embroidering flowers, cutting them out and them stitching them on but I changed my mind on that. (Can not remember why).
This is the outcome. It messures about 10inches x 10 inches and to give it more texture he central section has been added. At the moment it is lying on my sewing desk waiting to be stretch and stapled to a canvas. Thought it might look good int he attic when it is finished.
It is one of my favourite pieces that I made on the course, a real one off that I am not sure that I could pull off again!


Sorry it has been posted rather late but I have a big day at work tomorrow that I have needed to prepare for and with hubby up country Sophie and I needed to spent some time together. More on that tomorrow.

My 100th post is next and I am going to have a giveaway of one of my handmade items. More on that nest time once I have decided what it will be. Can't believe I have reached a 100 posts it has gone quickly. I have completed some WIPS but not had a chance to upload them yet. They will go towards my craft fair stock which is looming up too quickly.
Guess who caught me playing on Patchworkz? Yes, that's right Sophie wanted to have a go (it is her in the picture) and she manged to complete level 11 and 12! Which is why I added it to my side bar as I need to have it ready for Sophie's next laptop session.
Have a ggod week.
XX

7 comments:

picciolo said...

hi, I love this sketch book peek! And well done to Sophie on riding her bike without stabilisers!
: )

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

lovely sketch book! :)
and lovely blog!

kisses from Portugal!

Thriftin and Craftin said...

Your sketchbook and mini quilt are amazing. How exciting that your daughter is riding without training wheels on her bike. That's a big event! We call them training wheels here in the U.S. Have a great week!

Joanna said...

that sewing is amazing really beautiful

inkberryblue said...

I love looking into your sketchbook. Thank you!
...and your embroidery is really gorgeous. =]

Victoria said...

How wonderful to get a peak inside your sketchbook! I love to see the creative process!

Angelines Artero said...

Hello, beautiful works. Could you put a translator in your blog? Regards from Spain

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...