Thursday 21 February 2008

Half-term Haul


Every half-term etc I always say that I am going to make this or that and then at the end I seem to have very little to show for it. So this time I decided to put everything I made or finished into one photo and Yes! I have managed more than I thought! I even went into work on one day and to collect some resources for work on another. Not bad.

Below is an idea that I am toying with for sometime and this is the beginning...

Some lovely silk covered glasses cases...and transform them to this...

A niffty little travel sewing kit in a tough case! This idea came about due to Airport luggage restrictions on sharp items. They can not be taken on board but will be protected in your cases until you reach your destination. I want to add other items such as thread and them offer this on my new website. The fabric needs to be in keeping with the outer case fabric, but then that is the next step as will the choice of having an empty case or with the needle case, pincushion and scissor case included. I am trying to find a supplier for the equipment as well but I want to keep the price down, so that may take some time.
I enjoyed the challenge of making these small enough to fit in the case but still be useful.

5 comments:

zakkalife said...

very clever!

picciolo said...

thats a very clever idea, it looks great! You did loads during your half term, I think my favourite is the elephant!
: )

paper-and-string said...

such a nifty idea! i'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes :-)

Nan said...

I love this idea, you have a winner in my opinion!

Your blog is looking great, well... I might be a bit prejudice since I am partial to the layout! LOL. You are doing a great job, keep it up!

woof nanny said...

Dude! That is a killer idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...