Sunday 20 January 2008

Fabric delivery, Cutting and missing buttons!


This arrived in the post yesterday morning. Kath Kidston fabric which I ordered online and it is scrummy!! I have several ideas for it but for now I am just going to look at it!

WIP:
I have been getting ready to make some Valentine cards to take to work. I made some last year and they went down very well. I am also going to include some token presents such as keyrings and smelly dangling items in felt, beads, ribbon and sequins and fabric covers plus notebook.

All ready for stitching or going on cards. While I had all the stuff out I made my sister a card for her birthday but I will post a photo on wednesday in case she should accidently see it here, but I am quite pleased with it.


Did you spot the mistake? No? well my eagle-eyed daughter did. Look back at the last post about my knitted bag kit and the front view picture.
Yes, I managed to leave a green button off when embellishing the front even though I counted them out. After I had posted and logged out of my laptop Sophie spotted it. I have since added the button. Typical! What a silly billy and I found the offending button sitting on my sewing table!
WIP up-date tomorrow as I am off to stitch and stick.

Enjoy what is left of the weekend!

3 comments:

Nan said...

I can't wait to see what you create with your new material!! I have to laugh at the thought of just admiring it for awhile though, it sounds like something I would say! That and "pet" my new yarn purchase for awhile before I make something with it!

picciolo said...

hiya, you are just like me, I find it very hard to cut into a new piece of material, especially one that is so gorgeous!
: )

Joanna said...

The knitted bag looks fab even without the green button. Well done. I have knitted some bags before out of a chenille yarn and they have come out looking really lovey. good luck with the fabric

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...